Sunday, October 29, 2006

I think I found heaven... a one with lots of Thai people and dogs. O! I've got an announcement to make (no, I'm not gay) - Thai people don't really eat dogs! There are zillions of board to death dogs every where in Thailand.
Pai is a very small tourist town which situated between amazingly green mountains. Savage bush and colorful trees, combined with special fragrances.... makes you feel like a poet : )


casual view in Pai

Anyway, the town is full of guesthouses, fantastic restaurants, bars and markets. People there are probably the nicest and friendliest in the world. This, plus the pleasant trustic atmosphere, makes you just want to stay and talk with the locals all day or hell - just to stay and live there.
You don't have to bargain every time you buy something - that's another thing I liked about Pai.
I rented a motorbike - a 110cc of unknown manufacturer. You can be 3 years old blind kid with a passport and get a motorbike. Surpassingly, I haven't seen any accidents.
at day time I was riding the motorbike in the whole area, enjoying the view and the attractions. The evenings where time for bars, restaurants and just wondering around town and meeting people.
I also had a Thai massage. It was the most relaxig experience I have ever had!!


a picture I took on the way to Pai



some pictures from Lahu village (near Pai)






other attractions

elephant shower ride



my shower pet...


if you happened to be in Thailand - go to Pai - it's AWESOME!!

now I'm back in Chang mai. I'm staying the night here and then travel to Chang ray or khon kaen (I'll know tomorrow). I hope it will be as good as Pai... I doubt it.

No comments: