Monday, February 26, 2007

hi everyone!

here are the latest developments on my legal-illegal
situation on the south pacific countries:

after killing time very professionally yesterday
(watched "shark tale" "taxi driver" and "million
dollar baby" - don't ever watch "taxi driver"!), i got
up early this morning for the next episode of this
reality show.
went strait to the immigration offices, where they
told me yesterday to bring a prof that I'm going away
soon in order to extend my NZ visa.
i spoke with the same lady as yesterday, gave her the
flight list (what they asked for) and than she said:
"you must have misunderstood - since your visa is not
valid anymore, you should fill a form and wait 3 weeks
for a new visa".
if it was a movie, that's probably the part when i
pull out my gun and demand a new visa - now!
but it's not a movie... and i don't have a gun...
so i politely explained that i can't wait for 3 weeks
and pleaded for a solution. so she spoke to her
manager and got me an extension until the 28/2 (almost
enough - but not really).
"but you know it's gonna cost you 180$..." (~500
shekels). i wanted to shout "what ever! just give me
the f__king extended visa!". but i just said "yeah,
ok" and paid.

then, i went to the Australian embassy, spoke with a
different lady (the one i spoke with yesterday was not
there) and got the same "you should have checked the
visa yourself...blah blah blah" lecture.
when the lecture was over, i handed her all my
perfectly filled forms and she told me to come back
tomorrow morning to see what's their decision (about
giving me a new visa).

so now please everyone cross both hands and legs your
fingers to increase my chances to get this visa!
if you practice it for few times, it can also work out
your finger mussels and improve your coordination :)

there is a slight chance that I'll get the visa
tomorrow but on the last 72 hours I've grown to know
that optimism and governing authorities don't really
go hand to hand together... :)

as for my mental condition - I'm totally fine :)
although i need to run from one bureaucracy producer
to the other and argue with stupid stubborn people, i
still know it's a trip and enjoy my time. just wish
to take this flight as soon as possible so I'll have
enough time to see the whole east coast of
Australia...

there one lesson for everyone from all this is - NEVER
TRUST YOUR TRAVEL AGENT!
they may seem professional and look like they know
what they're doing, but a simple check (like the one i
was suppose to do) can save you a lot of money, effort
and time...

another lesson i learned two months ago is - always check how the sunscreen smells before you buy it! i bought one with a coconut fragrance - which i hate!

thanks for all the letters! they will help me kill time today :)

hope to get the visa tomorrow and stop sending you these awful letters!
love
Yaron (totally legal NZ immigrant for the next 8 days)Cohen

No comments: